[Digikam-users] Is there a simple way to crop and print a picture in digikam?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Aug 14 10:59:22 BST 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009, Chris G wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:24:03AM -1000, Tim Jenness wrote:
> >    On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Chris G <[1]cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> >      Is there a (reasonably) simple way to select part of an image an
> >      print it in digikam?  At the moment I can't see any obvious way to
> > do this though one would have thought it's a fairly common thing to want
> > to do.
> >
> >    You can do it from showFoto (Open With -> showFoto) or hitting the
> > Edit button at the top of the scren. Then you can crop it by clicking and
> > dragging on the picture and printing it.
> >    Tim
>
> OK, thanks, I think it's something that might be made easier somehow,
> or at least easier to find.  I'm sure lots of people want (expect
> even) to be able to do "crop and print".

I would expect such functionality in the print wizard. It's not there at
present, though.

The print wizard has a screen in which you can position images that don't
match the aspect ratio of the chosen print layout. Currently, it only allows
to move an image around. It would be great if this same screen would allow to
resize the image (effectively cropping it).

Just my 2 cents.

Geert