[Digikam-users] lots of photos and startup time

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Aug 13 09:36:38 BST 2009

> it is a little bit faster, but not much, maybe 1s overall.

Callgrind clears things up a bit. Adding the KDirwatches accounts for only 14%
of cost in startScan(), 83% is caused by emitting signals about new albums, in
other words: Setting up the various album views. It's mostly tags here,
probably because I have much more TAlbums than PAlbum.
I am sure there is room for improvement, but I dont feel like doing anything
in that area before porting to model/view after 1.0 is out.

Marcel