[Digikam-users] No images displayed

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Wed Aug 12 21:50:50 BST 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 22:33:02 David Klasinc wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 August 2009 22:18:20 Luka Renko wrote:
> > But you had also digikam package installed on your system? Then you were
> > using system's digikam kioslaves with 4.2.4, which were later broken when
> > you installed 4.3 (due to unstable ABI of marble widget).
>
> What would really be nice if somebody would write a quick wrap up:
>
> - where do kioslaves come from? KDE or digiKam?

They are provided/installed by Digikam. But kioslaves are a KDE feature and
are therefore searched for only on your KDE location (normally /usr).

> - how is digiKam picking which kioslave to use? system or custom?

Digikam has no way to pick which one is used: it gets the same kioslave you
would get if you would type "digikamalbums:/" in Konqueror (which is the one
installed at the same location as core KDE).

> - aren't kioslaves removed if you uninstall digiKam?

Correct. Digikam kioslaves are installed and removed with digikam packages.

> (and one maybe the most important one)
>
> - can digikam 0.10.0 and 1.0.0beta coexist?

I would suspect yes (as I do not recall any DB change between 0.10.x and
1.0.x), but I would rather see Marcel or Gilles confirm.

Regards,
Luka