[Digikam-users] KDE 4.3.0 and Digikam 10.0

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Fri Aug 7 16:19:31 BST 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 13:54:07 Albrecht Will wrote:
> Hallo,
> I'm new here because before KDE 4.2 I had only a few problems using
>  digikam. Under 4.2 I was very distressed because of flickering thumbnails.
>  So I hoped there would be an end when I'm using KDE 4.3.
> Yesterday I installed Kubuntu 9.04 again and upgreaded to KDE 4.3.0. First
>  at all I stored my files and copied it later back. But I cannot see any
>  picture. So I tried some variations, for example starting Digikam with an
>  empty directory, ore copying the complete content in a directory and then
>  starting Digikam. No sucess.
> What could I have done wrong?

You, nothing. Kubuntu did. Yes, I know, we should be one, happy, Open Source
family and avoid harsh words, but when I see how many people were affected by
this and causing them distress - "I lost my photos!"...

Due to kio-slaves architecture  they have to be *very* binary compatible.
Kubuntu didn't recompile digiKam and dependencies against kdelibs they
distribute and this is the effect.

m.