[Digikam-users] Plugin development: any tutorials?

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at gmx.net
Sat Apr 25 10:22:14 BST 2009

On Saturday 25 April 2009 11:08:01 Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

> Sorry, don't remember  and cannot test at the moment. Isn't "Open with"
> working with multiple images? Group/filter your images, Ctrl+A, right
> click, Open with... .

It is since a few days. Before we had just disabled the menu entry. This was
because we had not used the services architecture properly.
We just took the first selected image and decided what application can open
these file types.
But this is the wrong way to do it. If you select more then one image, chances
are that you can not open all selected files in the application.
So what we did was disabling the menu entry on multiple selection.
Now we have a different approach (like dolphin and gwenview does, too).
Generate a query for all selected mimetypes and provide applications that can
handle all those mime types.
If none can be found, open the "Open with" application dialog, where you can
choose the app to work with by yourself.

Andi