[Digikam-users] Tags in IPTC only flat

Michael Stoehrel michael at stoehrel.ch
Tue Apr 21 13:25:01 BST 2009

Hi Gilles

Thanks for the feedback.
On the XMP side panel as you showed in your picture it looks perfect.
But if I had a look in the metadata editor, they are not consistant.

Example:
Tags I selected in the list
Family/Robert, 2-Gallery/Eastern2008

IPTC Tags are:
Family/Robert, Eastern2008, Robert

XMP Tags are:
Robert, Eastern2008

In gwenview as external viewer
I found under IPTC:
Family/Robert, Eastern2008, Robert

after a DB-sync, I tried several pictures.
All old ones tagged with 0.9.4 and migrated to 0.10.0 (Migration made
without any db, only over the metadata) have the flat and the structured
version of a tag in IPTC and only flat in XMP.

All new pictures tagged with 0.10.0:
Have non consistant IPTC and only flat in XMP.

I check the DB with the sqlitebrowser: All tags are consistant linked.

I am running LibExiv2 0.18

Michael