[Digikam-users] just an idea - what do you think?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Apr 16 09:52:37 BST 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 22:47:05, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
>> . . .
> > If I could just save my *actions* in a file (a "recorder") without saving
> > the *result* of my actions  to the actual files, I could easily go to the
> > next picture, do my corrections, save the action for that picture, go to
> > the next... and only at the end, when I go out to have a coffee in the
> > sun, I let run the saved actions and let them be applied and saved to the
> > files.

> > Is this idea stupid, an old hat, very healthy, or what do you think?
> > Would it be easy to add to digiKams functionalities?
>
> The idea of recording actions is in our minds as well (at least in mine,
> that's what I can speak of).

good to hear.

> The focus is not so much on saving time for
> file compression but rather to know what you have done to an image and can
> see the history.

yes, of course. "My" application is only one way or example of the benefits of
such a recorder. One could use it as described to "batch-run" a bunch of
changes on many pictures, or also to apply several steps taken on one picture
on another picture (like the recorder in photoshop). And a lot more - wishes
never end ;-)

> And no it is not easy to add to digikam - a full blown implementation is
> not an afternoon's hack but a few weeks' work.

ok, so we need 66 weeks per year... plus holydays!

> But yes, we will get to this
> at some point in time.
> You are very welcome to detail your ideas and tell us your requirements!

fine. I'll write down my ideas and then ask again here, where to send it.
Later.

> Marcel

have agood day!

Daniel