[Digikam-users] Closing sidebars?

Simon Oosthoek s.oosthoek at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 15 16:09:56 BST 2009

* Sherwood Botsford <sgbotsford at gmail.com> [2009-04-15 08:23:15 -0600]:

> Minor points:  I spent half an hour trying to hide it before I posted.
>  I've been using computers with a raft of different
> OS's for 30 years  I was confused.  Were I involved with the UI of
> KDE, I would try to collect encounters from first time users to verify
> that what
> 'everyone is used to' is in fact intuitive.

Just to chime in, I've been using KDE since 1.1/1.2 or thereabouts and when I
encoutered this behaviour in digikam it took me at least half an hour to figure
out as well.

I never got around to sending a bugreport, but if this can be improved for new
users, I think it would help people feel comfortable in digikam.

A simple indication of state in the sidebar-tab (like an arrow changing
direction) would be good, since this doesn't depend on colour differences in
various desktop envs.

Cheers

Simon