[Digikam-users] Closing sidebars?

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 01:46:28 BST 2009

On martedì 14 aprile 2009 19:29:16, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
: > On Tuesday 14 April 2009 16:44:25 Sherwood Botsford wrote:
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Counter intuitive to me.  It's like having a radio station button on a
> > car radio act as the off switch if you hit the current button.
> >
> > I would suggest the usual X close window icon as a separate icon in
> > each side panel.  (Lots of room for it.)
>
> Current behavior is typical for many, many KDE applications (and  not only
> them). Also suggested X means rather "removing tab" - like in Konqueror or
> Firefox.

It's true. You don't want to remove the sidebar (that's something you do with
"x"), but just to hide it. The actual way may seem counteintuitive at the
beginnning, but it seems the right way to do these things to me too.

It works in the same way not only in konqueror, but also in kate, in quanta
and in amarok, and maybe in some other applications.
So when you use kde for a while you get used to it, I think (I got used to it
a lot of time ago).

regards
gerlos