[Digikam-users] Thumbnail vs Raw Decoder

davidvincentjones davidvj at verizon.net
Sun Apr 12 20:33:03 BST 2009

I recently switched to a new camera (Canon 50D) and moved to the latest DK
Ver:0.11.0.
I now find it difficult to match the output of the raw decoder with the
thumbnail image.
One area that does not appear to work ..for this camera .. is the auto
brightness; but in general all of the histograms appear to indicate an
overexposed image while the camera shows good distribution of light levels.
After raw decoding now it takes a lot of work to get the image anyway close
to looking like the thumbnail.
When I look at shots taken with other older cameras I do not see tha same
problem so I am assuming this is a problem emanating from the way that dcraw
is applied.
My correct cameras are showing up in the Photo Properties.
Any ideas?

David