[Digikam-users] Feature requests

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Apr 9 15:17:31 BST 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 05:14:29 SGBotsford wrote:
> I select one of these for use on my web page.  I resize it twice -- once at
> 500 x 800 pixels for the page, and another at 764 x 1024 for people to
> download as a screensaver.  These two are still members of the set.  But
> the act of resizing has
> added a tag 500x800 and 764x1024 respectively.
>
> So now I have nested sets:
> Top level has my 3 pix.
> One pix has two edited versions of it.
>
> Is this practical?

I think image versioning (which is on todo list) should take care about that.
With image versioning you could make picture in various versions and if you
want to export it to web (or somewhere else) you just check: "copy v. 2.0 to
ftp" and proper version would be created on-the-fly. In effect in such
relatively simple cases you would have on disk only one file.

m.