[Digikam-users] Per collection tags?

SGBotsford sgbotsford at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 03:44:09 BST 2009

Right now I lead three different photo lives with almost nothing in common:

1.  Family.  I get dragooned to take pix at every family gathering.
2.  Work.  I run a tree farm part time, and take pix of the trees for
records and web page.
3.  Job.  I take kids on wilderness trips.

I would like a way to separate these lives.  I'd like to be able to say:
IGNORE THIS COLLECTION for the duration on this session,
or more properly:

SET FOLDER AS SCOPE.

So then until I said otherwise, nothing outdie that folder existed.  Switch
to calendar,
only see the pictures in the scope.

Being able to set various parameters as scopes, much the way we can do with
tag filters. (Indeed,
tag filters are a workaround for this, but I don't really want another tag
per photo.

Should I post this as a wish?