[Digikam-users] Question about RAW processing: ufraw files?

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Apr 7 19:03:09 BST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 12:42:02 gerlos wrote:

> Maybe something like service menus in knqueror/dolphin? It would be really
> great!
> I could put together a really complex command script to do something really
> strange, and trigger it on my photos just choosing it from some menu in
> digikam... I'd love a feature like this!

Me too. digiKam will never be able to make everything which all users would
want to do. Simple extending by service menus could really help people with
weird requirements (which sometimes even should not find its way into
mainstream digiKam!)

> I understand these difficulties, I didn't though it was so an hard work. So
> the batch queue manager is the fastest and more efficient (and last but not
> least, easy for the user) way to go, isn't it?

Batch queue manager which is in the working + service menu like in Konqueror
which is only wish in B.K.O :(

> > Note that more extensive dbus interface - especially for metadata plugins
> > - would make digiKam easier to use in some heavy duty environments with
> > existing data structures (second thing I want to elaborate on devel
> > list).
>
> Mmm... I didn't understand this last point... :-(

I have data some database. I'd like to be able to transfer those data to
digiKam and use it to fill metadata. At the moment I have two ways: get data
from original database and put it into photos directly using tools like exiv2
or exiftool or put data into digiKam database and later use tool for syncing
db with photos. Both those methods are very error prone on various levels.
dbus interface could take care eg. about correctness of data.

Well, of course there is third way - manually type all this data into metadata
kipiplugin...

m.