[Digikam-users] How to re-tag ?

Sven ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 13:07:42 BST 2009

Hi,

Since a few years back I'm using digikam. I have two questions un usage:

1) I have tagged my pictures. I have directories

People
People\work
People\Friends
Family
Family\wife
Family\kid
Places

etc

Now I have changed my mind and want to move the entire sub-tree "Family" into
the "People" sub-tree, to obtain

People
People\work
People\Friends
People\Family
People\Family\wife
People\Family\kid
Places

I can change this in the menu to the left by drag-and-drop but how do I best
have these changes in all the pictures ? Do I select all and then do the
drag-and-drop ? How can I select all ?

2) I'm still using 0.9.3 but thinking of upgrading to 0.10. Is there anything
I should do or think about, like deleting any hidden directories, rename
current files or similar. Can I just start 0.10 and point at the current
working directory

Thankful for any suggestions.

Sven