[Digikam-users] Question about RAW processing: ufraw files?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Sat Apr 4 22:47:49 BST 2009

Hi,

I am considering to use digikam and have a technical question about RAW
file processing:

Until now I used to process my RAW images with ufraw, a nice graphical
frontend for dcraw.

ufraw has a useful feature, the so called ufraw batch files, which are
small XML files containing the
parameters for the RAW->pic conversion. So there was actually no need to
keep a pic twice on the
disk, it is enough to have the RAW and the small ufraw with the
description, allowing to
generate a processed picture at any time without human interaction with
ufraw-batch (which takes
both files and generedes the processed output).

Does digikam support a similar feature (or is it able to deal with ufraw
files) or would I have to keep
all my raw pics twice, both as raw and jpeg (or tiff)?

regards
Hadmut