[Digikam-users] Preview and editing of raw

Jürgen Scholz juergen at kernkraft400.com
Mon Sep 29 10:11:12 BST 2008

> (:=))
>
> If you re-eedit a jpeg file later, you will loss quality again !
D'uh! I did not think of that, since I rarely adjust something on the
images.

> Second problem : jpeg color is 8  bits per color per pixel. RAW is
> 16 ! using png or tiff, you don't loss color depth...
Only if you shoot in raw.

> JPEG is not dedicated to edit a picture, it just to publish on the
> web a final image... using a lossless image file format will prevent
> this problem...
You are right. ;-) Since I mostly have pictures which aren't important
on a personal level but more on a business like level I haven't given
much thought to this. As you might have already noticed. ;-)

bye,
  juergen