[Digikam-users] error compiling libs from svn

Caspar Maessen cmaessen at casco.demon.nl
Tue Sep 16 15:41:20 BST 2008

Op dinsdag 16 september 2008, schreef Gilles Caulier:

  > I will post a new entry in my blog about libraw support in digiKam, to
  > describe a technical review.
All in all, enough reasons to make the switch. And indeed there seems to be an
increase in speed viewing my nefs. About editing  I cannot tell, because of
too little experience with converting and editing raw files with digiKam.

  > If you have already tested Bibblepro, it use also a parallelized code to
  > demosaic raw file (based on dcraw too, dixit dcraw web page). this is why
  > this program is fast to play with RAW... This will be the same with
  > digiKam in a near future (:=)))
Yes, I am using BibblePro, and besides the overview of the different
editiing-options, the speed is the main reason. Indeed that is something for
digiKam to wish for. But you are working on it, and I am confident in the
outcome. You are doing a great job!

Caspar.