[Digikam-users] Help with "Remote Gallery Sync..." please

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 3 13:27:50 BST 2008

Chris G wrote:
> There is also the issue of where Digikam's Export facilities are
> documented, I couldn't find it at all.

There is a much wider long term goal about how "syncronisation" will
work. I've been mulling over ideas for years and although I made a start
to it, I quickly realised that there may be better approaches.

I've not done any actual coding on this for a long time, but I'm quite
keen to take a look at Akonadi now it's out there, to see if ti can
perhaps be used as a basis for personal media collections both locally
and remotely.

I've discussed this quite a lot in the past but I've not had enough time
to fully drive it forward.

Hopefully I'll find myself inspired on this topic again soon and free up
some time to concentrate on it.... I seem to have a rather large number
of project I want to do right now tho' :(

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie