[Digikam-users] Camera import - Olympus C-460 - should be easier than this

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Sep 2 09:49:13 BST 2008

Digikam recognises and imports pictures without any hassle at all from
my new[ish] Fuji S8000FD but getting pictures from my older Olympus
C-460 is a bit more hassle and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

To get pictures from the C-460 I have to manually mount the USB mass
storage device that appears when the camera is plugged in. As I have
to inspect /var/log/messages to find the device name and I have to do
this as root this is hardly 'user friendly'.  (This is on Fedora 8 by
the way).

Is there a way to automate the C-460 connection a bit?  I appreciate
this may be more of a Fedora/USB/automount question than a digikam
one.

--
Chris Green