[Digikam-users] How to "integrate" digikam and gimp?

Gerlando gerlandorigel at tin.it
Fri Oct 17 21:39:31 BST 2008

Hello everyone!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this question, but I'm
sure you can give me useful hints!
I use Digikam 0.9.3 to manage my large (and always growing!) collection
on photos, I use a lot comments and I find very useful tags and "stars"
to organize my photos, and I use Gimp to edit them and to do things that
Digikam (so far) can't do.

The problem is when I open a photo with Gimp, I edit it, and save a
copy: my copy is without any metadata, and I have to search it, and add
manually comments, tags and stars.
I'd like to find an easy way to copy metadata from the old version to
the new one.
Yes, it would be fantastic if it would be automatic, just like when I
edit and save a copy using Digikam editor, but I understand that maybe
it isn't easy to do! (it depends on digikam and gimp...)

Installing kipi-plugins I've found a submenu with some commands to
import metadata, but I couldn't find nothing to export it!
It would be nice to have a couple of buttons, or something in the
right-click menu to copy and paste metadata!

reagards
gerlos

PS Sorry for my maybe bad English...

--
"Non puoi aspettarti di vedere al primo sguardo [...] Osservare
 è per certi aspetti un'arte che bisogna apprendere."