[Digikam-users] digikam svn batch rename

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sun Oct 12 16:13:41 BST 2008

Hi John!

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, John Ettedgui wrote:

> Oh I did not see that page before :(
> Is there anything not too hard that I can help with to get that one ?
> I'm a c/c++ dev but not KDE experience and almost none in Qt.

Great - contributors are always welcome!
The KDE/Qt side is not really difficult
as the documentation is very good (and Gilles is
always very helpful to explain the code!).

Concerning the batch tools I just talked with Gilles on the IRC:
They will be rewritten for KDE4 and he has some plans in
his mind, about which he will talk during the upcoming
coding sprint (http://www.digikam.org/drupal/node/374)
The main point is that a new batch queue manager
needs to be done through libkipi.

Because of this the batch tools are not yet ported to KDE4.

But of course, others tools can be ported as well,
like gpod export for ex, or calendar
A list of unported tools is here :
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/show.php?content=16061&vote=good&tan=87596871

If any of these is of interest to you, let us know,
and we can provide you with some information on how to port the stuff
to Qt4/KDE4.

Looking forward to your contributions!

Best, Arnd