[Digikam-users] dynamic range problem

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Oct 6 19:41:40 BST 2008

Dnia Monday 06 of October 2008, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> Michael,
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem here.

Uh, uh. Situation isn't so good. You didn't use default settings. And
with few weeks older digiKam 0.9.5svn (kdcraw still as separate binary)
with defaults I got only slightly better results than Michael.

Looking into screenshots I *was* able to reproduce your outcome but this
requires good knowledge of RAW processing and digiKam itself.

m.

ps. couldn't test 0.10 because it crashes when trying to open RAW file
    in rawimport.

ps2. I got best results with rawtherapee 2.4 M1 (almost defaults),
    second is digiKam but requires much fiddling with sliders.