[Digikam-users] dynamic range problem

mfi mfi at go2.pl
Sun Oct 5 01:39:14 BST 2008

Hello,

I am new to digicam so maybe solution for this is simple, but I couldn't
find it in mailing list archives. When I edit PEF files (Pentax k20d)
highlights are very clipped compared to other tools. Areas that have
very visible details in other programs, and are far away from being
overexposed in digiKam are white. What is strange, when I click on a
thumbnail to get image preview in main digiKam window (as opposite to
edit window) everything is fine, and bright areas have all details. This
can't be corrected by decreasing brightness/lowering exposition - image
gets darker but there's no more details in bright areas.

Example of this can be found here:

http://www.fotopolska.info/example/example.jpg

thanks for any suggestions.
Michael