[Digikam-users] digikam 0.10: strange behaviour/bug

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 07:45:22 GMT 2008

2008/11/26 Markus Spring <m.spring at gmx.de>

> Playing with 0.10 I discovered two very strange things
>
> * Permanently deleting a picture from an album via Shift-Del does not
> remove it
> from the album view
>
> * Even when setting 'Writing to raw files' off, digikam modifies the raw
> files
> by writing
>
> Creator Tool, Authors Position, Artist, Copyright ,Creator, Rights, Rating,
> Rating Percent, Originating Program, Program Version, By-line, By-line
> Title,
> Credit, Source, Copyright Notice
>
> (if specified in the metadata settings) into the raw file when assigning a
> rating. Old behaviour was to write these data only into the database, but
> not
> into the raw file.
> Unfortunately the modified raw file now shows an error in bibblepro (but
> not in
> lightzone), so I guess for playing safe, 'Writing to raw files' should be
> completely prohibited when this setting is 'off'.

About this problem, please file a bug report to Exiv2 bugzilla. It's very
important for the future.

It's purely a bug in Exiv2 implementation, and this must be fixed for next
0.18 release (currently in beta). Andreas wait users feedbacks to
consolidate the new TIFF writter component used to write metadata on TIFF/EP
files (thi sone is used to write in RAW files based on tiff like NEF, PAF,
or DNG)

Thanks in advance

Gilles