[Digikam-users] windows build compiler error

Gary Pajer gary.pajer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 22:49:09 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2008/11/23 Gary Pajer <gary.pajer at gmail.com>
>

>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Gary Pajer <gary.pajer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the fast reply.  But your conclusion may be made too fast ...
>>>
>>> I had a previous installation of MinGW on my system, and then I used the
>>> KDE installer to re-install it ... probably not a good idea.  So it's not a
>>> good idea to conclude from my experience that the installer is at fault.
>>> (But it might be.)
>>>
>>> I will uninstall MinGW, and then reinstall it using the MinGW installer,
>>> from the MinGW web site.  I'll let you know what happens.
>>>
>>> -gary
>>

>> I removed MSYS and MinGW, and then reinstalled MinGW (but not MSYS)
>> including MinGW make from the latest installer from the MinGW website.
>>
>> Same error.   This is MinGW 3.4.5
>>

> Here :
>
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/MinGW5.1.4ok
>
> You will find a 7zip archive of my MinGw 5.1.4 which run like a charm. Just
> uncompress it and overwrite you current MinGW folder.
>
> Gilles

Thank you!
automoc compiles and installs without error.

Next step:  libkdcraw (etc.)
I got myself to ...\kdegraphics and executed .\bootstrap, and things seem to
go well.
I don't know where to go next.
"make" doesn't work (finds no instructions) if started in any of the
following directories:  ...\kdegraphics,  ...\kdegraphics\libs, or
...\kdegraphics\libs\libkdcraw.

I've tried running .\bootstrap from ...\kdegraphics\libs\libkdcraw, and it
fails looking for FindLCMS.cmake.    I think I am not understanding which
directories I should be doing what in.

1.  Which directory/directories should I execute .\bootstrap in?
2.  Once that is done, in which directories should I make / make install?

Thanks very much,
gary