[Digikam-users] digikam 0.10: How to organize pictures on more than one harddisk

Markus Spring m.spring at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 11:53:26 GMT 2008

Hi list,
after having gotten accustomed to the new digikam - fine work, lots of
improvements - I would like to re-organise the storage of my pictures.

Having accumulated 140GB of image files over the last 5 years, I definitely need
to dispatch some of the more rarely used file onto off-site storage space, but I
do not want to loose the advantages of administering all my files in digikam.

In the handbook I have not found sufficient documentation for this approach, so
I would be most grateful for a concise description of the steps necessary
accomplish this goal.

Thanks - Markus