[Digikam-users] How to add a vignette?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Nov 20 06:41:47 GMT 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Martin wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:18:02 -0000, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, gerlos wrote:
> >
> >> Hello everyone!
> >> Does anybody know how to *add* a vignette or to darken borders in
> >> digiKam? Or I have to use Gimp for these things?
> >>
> >> I'm using digiKam version 0.9.4.
> >
> > For 0.9.5 from svn (and I think for 0.9.4 as well),
> > Image Editor/Enhance/Vignetting Correction
> > might do what you want.
> >
> > Best, Arnd

> The vignetting tool seems to be just for correcting unwanted vignetting ie
> it lightens borders. I can'r see any way of reversing it so that it adds
> vignetting by darkening borders.

Yes, you are right....

Actually, when playing around with it, I observed two issues:
- negative radius: does not seem to have any effect?
- when pressing "Defaults", the view is not updated.

To come back to the originial question: For adding vignette,
could this be realized by extending the range of any of the sliders
(e.g. a negative density?) or do we need a checkbox
for this "inverted" purpose?

Unless there is a way to add vignette in some way,
could you please file a new wish in the bug-tracker so
that it is not forgotten?

Best, Arnd