[Digikam-users] [OT] Monitor Calibration with whacky White Point

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 19:18:48 GMT 2008

Paul Waldo ha scritto:
> Hi gerlos,
>
> I tried using the new and improved version of Monica, GAMMApage.  It is in
> essence an Adobe Gamma tool, with 3 colored blocks and a gamma gradient.  I
> had unlinked the three sliders and made the squares as they should be.  The
> problem is that the gamma gradient still had a brown color cast; it should
> have been all gray.

A somehow yellowish cast is typical of a calibrated screen, if it's not
too much it should be OK and a sign that you did the right thing. It may
take ten minutes before you adapt your eyes to it.

If it's too much...maybe something went wrong! But maybe it's better to
wait for some guru to answer to answer, I'm not sure what to do in such
extreme cases!

good luck
gerlos