[Digikam-users] kubuntu 8.10: Is there a digikam 0.10 precompiled version?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Nov 13 06:45:43 GMT 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Kyle Altendorf wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:00 AM, Markus Spring <m.spring at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Just installed 8.10 and get my feet wet with kde 4.1
> >
> > Is there a precompiled digikam 0.10 version?
> >
> > Markus
>
> The package is digikam-kde4.  Looks likes it's 0.10.0 Beta 1.

Since then many bugs have been fixed and
I would strongly recommend from to built from source,
i.e. svn or digiKam 0.10.0-beta5.
There is a detailed explanation for installing the svn version
on 8.10 at
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digikam+Compilation+on+Kubuntu+Intrepid

And: "Do not use yet in production..."

BTW: on kubuntu 8.10, is there still a digikam 0.9.x ?

Best, Arnd