[Digikam-users] automatic thumbnail generation

Mickey M.Mickey at gmx.de
Sun May 18 15:54:51 BST 2008

Hi folks,
I'm using digikam since serveral weeks and I quite enjoy it ;-)
But one thing annoys me a bit, after adding several new RAW (pef) images
to the database, digikam doesn't generate the thumbnails for the
complete folder on the fly, but only for the part of the folder which is
shown... so I have to scroll the folder in thumbnailview very slowly to
have all the thumbnails generated... after that everything works fine...
Is there a way to generate all thumbnails for the new images in background?
Another small problem, is there a way to assign a shortcut to "open
with... (and then a programm)"?
Thank you for your help!

Best wishes Michael