[Digikam-users] image resizing - digikam CIMG is GREAT! and icc profile problem

elle stone jrle1 at twcny.rr.com
Fri May 9 01:48:17 BST 2008

Hmm, I think I have figured out part of the icc profile problem.  I just
managed to get digikam to "recognize", that is, list, all my usual icc/icm
profiles in the "configure workspace profile" drop-down box.  The trick was
to copy them all over to a folder in my home folder and "chown" them to
myself.  I am sure that digikam would be just as happy no matter where they
are located, but I (rather than "root" - "root" owns the
/usr/share/color/etc files and folders) have to be the owner of the files.

Alas, having my profiles listed in the digikam configure workspace drop-down
box still doesn't make digikam display my linear gamma images properly -
they are too dark - clearly the "message" that these images have gamma=1 is
not getting across to digikam.  Krita displays the same images just fine, so
somewhere between digikam, me, and my linear gamma images, there is still an
"issue."

Any, any, any suggestions on how to convince digikam to properly display a
"gamma=1" color profiled image would be greatly appreciated.

Elle