[Digikam-users] Digikam 0.9.3 can't build thumbnails

Paul Waldo paul at waldoware.com
Tue May 6 17:04:14 BST 2008

Hi all,

I finally got around to loading the 0.9.3 version of Digikam from Achim's repository ( https://launchpad.net/~allee/+archive/ ). It installed fine, but no thumbnails show up. When run from the command line, I get this:

$ digikam
Found dcraw version: 8.83
digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_digikamthumbnail'.
digikam:
digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_digikamthumbnail'.
digikam:
digikam: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_digikamalbums'.
digikam:
digikam: WARNING: Failed to list url: Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading 'kio_digikamalbums'.

I'm running Kubuntu Gutsy AMD-64. Any help would be appreciated!

Paul