[Digikam-users] Olympus Camedia C-480 Zoom camera and Digikam 0.9.2-final

Stephen Constantinou stephanos at writeme.com
Sun Mar 16 10:27:01 GMT 2008

Dear Digikam

I have an Olympus Camedia C-480 Zoom camera which works perfectly with
Digikam 0.8.2 on my Mandriva 2007 machine.

However, I have not managed to get it to work with Digikam 0.9.2-final
on my Kubuntu laptop.  I have tried all the usb sockets on this machine
  but the exact model is not found.  If I select Auto-Detect the camera
detected is an Olympus C-370Z.

Once detected and added to the list, I press Camera > Olympus C-370Z.
However the error message is "Error failed to list files in /".  I
retested on the Mandriva using the same camera and lead and it worked.

As a result of the camera connecting to the laptop a new icon called
"USB MAss Storage Interface", appears on the desktop.
If I click this dolphin opens and reports an error: "Could not read file
  Error writing to the port".

Is it possible to solve this problem.

Thanks and wait to hear

Stephen