[Digikam-users] Really delete instead of move to trash - possible?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Mar 10 15:17:52 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:25:02PM +0900, Tauri wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Chris G wrote:
> > I thought there was an option in digikam to really delete files rather
> > than just moving them to the trash directory.  However I can't find it
> > now, was I imagining it?
>
> You may have found it already - but if not, try "SHIFT+Delete"

"SHIFT+Delete" does absolutely nothing!

I think I have a permissions/authority problem of some sort actually.
When I try and delete a file (without shift, or using the menu) I get
a message saying "Could not rename file <name of file>.", however if I
go to the album/directory on the command line and move the file to the
Trash directory it works perfectly OK.  When I do Shift+Delete, as I
said, nothing happens at all.

I *can* move files to other Digikam albums though.

--
Chris Green