[Digikam-users] Installing Digikam from SVN

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:20:45 GMT 2008

On 07/03/2008, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dotan,
>
> Just install developpement packages for Qt (including header files). Same
> for all others dependencies. Look in README file for a complete list
>
> Best
>
> Gilles Caulier

Thanks, Gilles. I did look for a README file, but there was none in
~/libs (the folder that the install script made). Upon further digging
I see that there is a README in ~/libs/kipi-plugins/ and it specifies
libqt >= 3.3.x. I believe that it is called a different name in
ubuntu, as apt-get cannot find anything by the name libqt. So I
googled for a solution, but I could not find one. So I installed the
Ubuntu version of digikam with the hope that it would resolve the
dependencies. However, the SVN still fails. Can Digikam SVN only be
installed on systems that call the file libqt, and therefore not on
Ubuntu?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il