[Digikam-users] Installing Digikam from SVN

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:06:24 GMT 2008

I run KDE 3.5.8 on Ubuntu 7.04. I'm using the script from the Digikam
site to install from SVN:
http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn

However, I find it unusual that the script cannot find Qt:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.2 and < 4.0) (headers
and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
feisty at feisty-laptop:~$

Of course, config.log shows nothing related:

$ tail config.log
#define SIZEOF_SIZE_T 4
#define SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG 4
#define HAVE_VSNPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_SNPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_LIBZ 1
#define HAVE_LIBPNG 1
#define HAVE_LIBJPEG 1
#define HAVE_LIBPTHREAD 1

configure: exit 1

What could be the problem? Should I ask at my distro's mailing list?
Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il