[Digikam-users] svn: crash when opening editor

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Mar 3 13:34:49 GMT 2008

On Saturday 01 March 2008 15.20:42 you wrote:
> Dnia Saturday 01 of March 2008, Daniel Bauer napisaƂ:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Anybody found any ideas how I can have the svn version and have the full
> > kde running normally?
>
> Try to uninstall exiv2 from packages. If there are dependencies force
> uninstallation. With properly installed exiv2 those applications should
> find libraries. Also you can recompile exiv2 and install it in place
> where packaged exiv2 was.
>
> m.

Hi Mikolaj,

thanks for your idea. Unfortunately I have already tried this approach without
success. If I uninstall exiv2 from packages, compile latest stable exiv2 and
install it in place where packaged exiv2 was, then I get libexiv2.so.2 but
many kde-progs then are missing libexiv2.so.0.

As I have not received any other answer there's no other solution for me than
to give up on the svn version, because I need those other kde-progs, too.

I am not happy about this, because I would have loved to follow the ongoing
developement of digikam - but well: not all wishes can be fulfilled...

kind regards

Daniel
erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com/en/linux.html
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/