[Digikam-users] The two digikam versions

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 10:15:32 BST 2008

2008/6/27 Arne (Sputnik) <sputnikshock at gmail.com>:
> Hello!
>
> Sorry that I ask... I searched for this subject, but did not find the
> answer so far on the webpage or anywhere else:
>
> Will there be any problems to install the KDE4 version of digikam next
> to the KDE3 version? Or will everything run without problems?

Both version can be installed at the same time if target folder is
different of course.

Here under mandriva 2008.1, KDE3 is installed to /usr and KDE4 in
/opt. It work very well..

Also, unforget than all shared libs version number (libkdcraw,
libexiv2, libkipi) used by KDE4 have been increased. there isn't no
conflict.

Best