[Digikam-users] Any 'sort/order' facility for albums yet?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Jun 23 21:49:32 BST 2008

I'm running digikam 0.9.3 currently and haven't been watching the
mailing list *very* closely.

Is there likelihood that Digikam will provide a way to manually order
albums soon?  What I want is (for example) to make it so that I can
tell digikam than an album called 'Jan' should be before one
called 'Dec'.

I store my photographs in albums with the top-level albums being named
by year, I then store in albums within the years using names like
'May-June France Holiday' and 'June Miscellanous'.  I want to be able
to make the albums appear in chronological sequence.

At present I have resorted to naming the albums '05 France Holiday'
and '06 Miscellaneous' but this isn't ideal.  Even then I have
problems if I want more than one album for a given month.

Basically I just want a way to manually order the albums rather than
any sort of alphabetic or date sort order.

--
Chris Green