[Digikam-users] Saving tags in JPEGs

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sat Jun 7 11:58:19 BST 2008

Dnia Saturday 07 of June 2008, Hans Vollebregt napisaƂ:
> I am currently using  JPEG as my image storage format, and am thinking
> of using Digikam as my photo management tool. Before I move away from
> F-Spot, I would like to know what happens when I add a tag to a photo,
> or when I change one. Since the tags are stored in the EXIF data in
> the image itself, wouldn't (repeatly) adding and changing tags
> eventually lead to loss in image quality, because Digikam has to save
> the file each time a tag is added/changed?
>
> Appreciate your thoughts on this subject, and pls forgive me if this
> is a stupid beginners question!

There was similar questions several weeks ago, answer is: metadata
editing in digiKam is completely lossless because it doesn't touch
picture pixels.

m.
--
People tend to not say anything when they are satisfied, and to say
something when they are not, so you tend to only hear negatives, so