[Digikam-users] Digikam is really slow when used with NFS and wireless

Andreas Weigl kde at silicoids-world.de
Wed Jun 4 21:42:56 BST 2008

Hi

Am Wednesday 04 June 2008 schrieb Stefanovich:
> I did a search and couldn't find any solutions to this. I have digikam
> setup to use an NFS folder as it's library. It works great when I am
> connected via a cat 5 cable, however whenever I switch to wireless on
> my laptop digikam's gets really really slow. Everything from startup
> to photo access. Is this simply a case of me having a slow wireless
> connection, or is there another issue when dealing with Digikam, nfs,
> and wireless all together? My transfer rates between my local network
> appear really fast when on wireless which makes me think that isn't
> the problem.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

* What is the speed of your wireless network? Check with iwconfig.
* How much traffic do you see? A good tool is iptraf. Maybe do a wget of a
large file and check the speed
* Are you the only person using the access point?
* What are the mount parameters that you are using? I suggest nolock and noac.

Andreas Weigl