[Digikam-users] Saving tags in JPEGs

Hans Vollebregt hansvollebregt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 21:20:54 BST 2008

Hi all,

I am currently using  JPEG as my image storage format, and am thinking
of using Digikam as my photo management tool. Before I move away from
F-Spot, I would like to know what happens when I add a tag to a photo,
or when I change one. Since the tags are stored in the EXIF data in
the image itself, wouldn't (repeatly) adding and changing tags
eventually lead to loss in image quality, because Digikam has to save
the file each time a tag is added/changed?

Appreciate your thoughts on this subject, and pls forgive me if this
is a stupid beginners question!

-Hans