[Digikam-users] video problems

quickk alexis.gm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 20:33:11 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

   I've been having a lot of trouble getting digikam to display videos.  As
instructed, I used kcontrol to set the avi file associations so that vlc is
used.  I can see the videos fine with konqueror.  I can view the videos from
digikam if I right click on the file and select "open with->vlc" (or media
player).  However, when I just click on the file, digikam says that "no
media player is available".

I just found out that selecting "configure digikam->albums" and setting the
thumbnail click action to "start image editor" enables digikam to view the
video.

I'd rather have the embedded preview--why does this not work?