[Digikam-users] zooming

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 30 19:55:17 BST 2008

Hi all,

when editing images in digikam, a standard task is to check if the relevant
parts of the picture are sharp in focus. For this, you can gradually zoom into
the picture or directly view it at full resolution. In view of the quite big
resolution digital cameras deliver nowadays, searching through the picture at
100% is usually messy and not effective. Quite often, one just wants to look at
some particular small part of the picture. For this it would be very helpful
if one could choose where the full resolution view is centered with the mouse.
For example, I middle click somewhere on the picture, press the shortcut key
for 1:1 view, and see the selected part in full size. Or the 1:1 view centers
at the current mouse position, with no clicking required.
I know one could also drag a rectangle around the desired area and fit the view
to that selection, but in my opinion, being able to select the center for the
1:1 view would be even better.

What do you think?

Best,
Gandalf