[Digikam-users] Something simple: saving images? How to?

Laurent Saplairoles lsaplai_list at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 29 00:52:23 BST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:45:07 +0200
Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at gmx.net> wrote:

> If the folder is inside of digiKam, just use drag & drop.
> If the folder is outside of digiKam, just use drag & drop :-)
>
> Open Konqueror or whatever filemanager you like and drag those images
> into the konqueror window. You will be ask if the images should be
> moved or copied to the new location.
>
> Andi
>
> On Monday 28 July 2008 01:36:14 Laurent Saplairoles wrote:
> > Hello all
> >
> > I want to save some of images. I have marked a bunch of images with
> > a tag. The images are located all over hundreds of different
> > folders.
> >
> > Now, I want to save all these images at once to one single folder
> > on my hard drive so that I can easily move them to a USB key and
> > give them to somebody else.
> >
> > How can I do this simple task with Digikam?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.

Simple indeed! So simple that I didn't think of trying it as I saw no
option in the menus... Why isn't there any option in the menus for
saving images?

Thanks Andi and Michael.

Just a warning: drag & drop will move the pictures out of their
original location. You need to CTRL + drag & drop if you just want to
copy them.

Cheers!

Laurent