[Digikam-users] Pictures still not showing, reopen 165885?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 16:39:54 BST 2008

2008/7/27 Andi Clemens <andi.clemens at gmx.net>:
> Just to be really sure:
> Do you have digiKam installed in your system or do you try to run it from
> within the source code? This would work except for all the kioslaves that are
> started by kdeinit4 / klauncher... the kioslaves have to live under the kde4
> install path.

I must cd into ~/digikam-notes/DEV_digikam4/bin/ and I start digikam
from there. I see your point, it's not installed in the right place. I
will try installing it into the system and report back. I don't yet
know how to do that, but I'm pretty sure that changing the environment
variables at the top of the install script will do it. Currently, they
are:

DIGIKAMKDE4=$HOME/digikam-notes/DEV_digikam4
export PATH=/usr/lib/kde4/bin/:$PATH
export LANG=C
export KDEDIRS=$DIGIKAMKDE4:/usr/lib/kde4/
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LDPATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib:$LDPATH
export PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/bin:$PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DIGIKAMKDE4/lib/pkgconfig

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il