[Digikam-users] Resizing thumbnails

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at univie.ac.at
Sat Jul 26 10:42:18 BST 2008

Hi all,

in digikam (all versions, as far as I know), resizing of the thumbnails is
done after the size slider has been adjusted to a new position. I just
realized that a somewhat nicer behaviour can be found in gwenview: You drag
the size slider, and the size of the thumbnails is adjusted at the same time.
This looks good and allows the user to choose the size he really needs, e.g.
to fit some thumbnails on the screen.
I realize that this kind of polishing is probably not very high on the todo
list of the developers in the current stage, but will it be implemented
eventually? Being no programmer, I have the impression that it can be
accomplished by simply using some code from gwenview - is that right? Or are
the two progams using the same algorithms/library/whatever to resize
thumbnails and the present behaviour was chosen intentionally in digikam?

Best regards,
Gandalf