[Digikam-users] trying to install 0.9.4

Markus Spring m.spring at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 16:42:37 BST 2008

try (as root)

apt-get build-dep digkikam

this installs all packages that are necessary to compile the packaged version of
digikam, it should be sufficient to compile the new version too.

Take care of the exiv2 dependency, I have installed exiv2 0.17.1 into the same
destination as digikam 0.9.4

My compile scripts are as follows (copy them into the base directory of the
untarred sources, adjust DIGIKAMDEST to your liking):

#!/bin/sh -xve
# exiv2 compilation
export DIGIKAMDEST=/opt/digikam_svn
export KDEDIRS=$DIGIKAMDEST:/usr
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LDPATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LDPATH
export PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/bin:$PATH

echo "compile and install exiv2 0.17.1"
nice ./configure --prefix=$DIGIKAMDEST && nice make -j2 && sudo make install

and

#!/bin/sh -xve
# digikam compilation
export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1
export DIGIKAMDEST=/opt/digikam_svn
export KDEDIRS=$DIGIKAMDEST:/usr
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LDPATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib:$LDPATH
export PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/bin:$PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib/pkgconfig
export UNSERMAKE=no

nice make -f Makefile.cvs && \
./configure --prefix=$DIGIKAMDEST  --with-extra-includes=$DIGIKAMDEST/include
--with-extra-libs=$DIGIKAMDEST/lib && \
nice make -j4
sudo make install

Regards - Markus