[Digikam-users] trying to install 0.9.4

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Jul 18 14:57:20 BST 2008

Hi Martin,

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008, Martin Fisher wrote:

> Dear List
>
> I am trying to install 0.9.4 (on Ubuntu Hardy, not Kubuntu) according to
> the instructions at
> http://www.digikam.org/drupal/download?q=download/tarball
>
> (I am not generally familiar with this sort of thing but can at least
> follow instructions!)
>
> I get as far as
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> and eventually receive this message in the terminal:
>
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X libraries. Please check
> your installation and add the correct paths!
>
> Does anybody have a list of dependencies for doing this install so that
> I could simply do a sudo apt-get install [all needed files] and thus
> ensure a proper install?

Unfortunately I don't have a list of dependencies,
but it would be nice if you could collect them on the way,
so that we could put it on the web-page...

For this one:
aptitude install libx11-dev
should help.

But there will be more. Most likely:
aptitude install kdelibs4-dev  libgphoto2-dev libjasper-dev  libjpeg62-dev
liblcms1-dev libqt3-mt-dev libpng12-dev  libtiff4-dev automake  autoconf

HTH a bit,

Arnd