[Digikam-users] trying to install 0.9.4

Martin Fisher yusuf.martin at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 18 14:20:50 BST 2008

Dear List

I am trying to install 0.9.4 (on Ubuntu Hardy, not Kubuntu) according to
the instructions at
http://www.digikam.org/drupal/download?q=download/tarball

(I am not generally familiar with this sort of thing but can at least
follow instructions!)

I get as far as

./configure --prefix=/usr

and eventually receive this message in the terminal:

checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X libraries. Please check
your installation and add the correct paths!

Does anybody have a list of dependencies for doing this install so that
I could simply do a sudo apt-get install [all needed files] and thus
ensure a proper install?

With grateful thanks, Martin